Sunday, April 3, 2011

I'll be seeing you.

Here we go.

Okay, this is officially my last entry. I've had internet access here at Adoni Guesthouse and questioned whether or not I wanted to give it one last go. My decision is obviously, yes.

I felt it may bring a chuckle of laughter to try and give you a little perspective of the random occurrences that make Africa life ALMOST unbearable ;) Complaining is necessary. Haha.

Yesterday, after only five hours of sleep, Jane and I hitched a ride into Kabremaido town to catch the five am bus to Kampala. After it arrived on what some of us like to call "Africa time", Jane and I were off...at 5:45 am.
It's about an hour into Soroti. There we waited two hours for the bus to "fill up"..Buses and taxi vans wait until their motorcar is filled full before they go. And I mean, WAIT. So, you never know :) After much anticipation, 9:30 rolled around and Jane and I were officially off to Kampala. *Note: I wondered why they kept "reaving" the engine of the bus and why a man was working underneath the front-right tire. WHY they were accepting our money if they were having troubles?? Suggested to Jane maybe we hop over to another bus going to Kampala, but we had already paid. It can be very difficult to get your money back.

YEP, I'm sure you've already guessed what happened. The bus broke down three hours later. At least I FINALLY got to go to the bathroom! I had to go so bad it was becoming painful..
Of course, nobody knows what s going on. The conductor doesn't say. I stormed right out there after thirty minutes of just waiting.."whats going on? do we find another means of transport?" A pipe had broken and they assured me another bus was coming to pick us up. Ha! Empty promises...The "other bus" didn't come. Instead, Teso Coach sent a mechanic to fix the pipe. Two hours later we were off and I had a massive migraine. No food and no water.

Then, right outside of Kampala city it breaks down again. This time it didn't take as long to fix, but I had my fingers crossed the rest of the way! I'm sure they jimmy rigged it some how to get us the rest of the way...Uganda is the perfect description of "order out of chaos."

After a friend picked up Jane and I we dropped her off first. THEN, this friend was begging me to go dancing for my last night in Kampala, "it's all on me!" Hahahahaha! Thats funny. No way. Sarah and Tom had pizza waiting for me here at Adoni. I inhaled it and went strait to bed.

This is just one of the many moments in Africa. I hope you liked that one! I have plenty more...We'll have lots to talk about.

They are truly a unique bunch here in Uganda :)

Well folks, I head out to the airport in about six hours!

See you soon!!!
xoxo
Mackie

Concluding with...

Billie Holiday - I'll Be Seeing You :)

MUAH!

ps - I have to tell you. I listened to this song a few times within the hour long session it took me to shave my legs AND armpits, Ugh. I know. Just thought you'd all like to know that! Ha! Xo

No comments:

Post a Comment