Tuesday, March 15, 2011

One week...

Mackie, Ede’s, Kyle…

From March 7-March13:

THE GENERATOR HAS BEEN BROKEN…AGAIN.

One week. God created the entire world in one week? Kate Hudson manages to fall in love with and subsequently loose a guy in one week (ugh, movie night is getting to me), and friends, Eden Rona and Kylee Gabrielsen and I have gone one week without showering or electricity. You can’t be mad at us or find us disgusting because WE HAVE NO CHOICE.

Every night the girls and I longingly stare up at the ceiling hoping to create light with sheer mind power. Kylee has suggested we start using a windmill type electricity source; only we have someone riding a bike to generate the power (I would gladly take a turn pedaling if it meant Eden wouldn’t light anything else—including another starburst—on fire with the candle). The candles seem to be pure inspiration, although you would not want an emergency to strike while you were relying on its light.

But really though, we have decided that making those friendship bracelets is something the kids can do to generate profit….Trying to get many children to be patient enough to learn how to tie correct knots worked about as well as our generator has. There were kids tying each other together, boys just tying knots, girls dancing with the string, fiends tying the pigeon’s legs together. Not to mention before we did that the poultry club needed help counting chickens in the coop. I’ll help out where and when I can, but when you throw me into a chicken pen and tell me to grab each individual chicken and throw them on the other side of the room while keeping count, I just have to really double and triple think that one over. We were like the afternoon entertainment series. Three White Girls Locked in the Chicken Pen. You seen it? Its been nominated for Oscars. Kids were watching through the wire windows and laughing. Laughing… They are the first one’s up to pedal the bike.

On a lighter note, while sitting in the presence of Eden and Kylee’s impromptu Sunday church lesson at the dining table, they moved onto their Relief Society meeting. This week’s lesson: The Art of Courting Justin Bieber-- as outlined by the Time’s magazine issue dedicated the boy heartthrob. The opening song will be “U Smile”, followed by a quick thought from page 85. An article titled, How to be Justin’s Number One. It reads, I’m pretty flirtatious, but I don’t use any lines. I just get my BIEBER on.” – Justin Bieber. It suffices me to say I witnessed tears fall, feelings were felt, and my disgust with the whole thing was evident J

Happy family,

I’m happy to say that I have very much enjoyed my new friends. My weird, moments of many things including - thinking of nicknames for Marsha (‘Mars’?) Ugh, I FEEL are, thankfully, slowly fading into a what I hope to be a permanent close as I am getting closer to my return. My hair is super long and I really quite like the 2 inch, silvery blonde root re-growth melting thing that is going on right now…I do not on the other hand enjoy the scabs on my crown from the shit shampoo I’ve been using….or lack of showers? Thank god for Thieves oil.

The package that Tom has sent is not here yet. I gave up hope when Jane said that Megs sent her a package once that took 4 months to arrive here in Kabremaido???? So, I’ve moved onto reading Kylee’s online NUTRITION course book.
I have learned how Heart Disease and Diabetes are mostly genetic. Dieting and exercise can “help” from speeding up the process of the disease, but you’re pretty much screwed if it’s in your genes. I have heard that certain Yoga postures can help PREVENTING heart disease...My NEW calling and obsession when I get home…

I love you all and I hope this entry put a smile on your face…It did mine. Thanks Africaaaaaaaa.

Ps - Thanks to Kylee for pointing out and helping me remember all the things that happened this week to make this entry possible…and the laughs shared putting it together/coping some comments from her blog entry? I’M SORRY! My mind is shot.

Song of the week:
The Shins – Sleeping Lessons

No comments:

Post a Comment